As most of you know, I am 14 weeks pregnant and we were able to have our first ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon (12/26). They found that our baby most probably has Turner’s syndrome (cystic hygroma) which means that our little girl is missing either one or part of one of her X chromosomes. Because of that, the probability of a full-term pregnancy is slim. The symptoms they recognized were a rapid heartbeat, enlarged lymph node and swollen organs. We were told to anticipate a miscarriage in the upcoming days or weeks. As you can guess, we are absolutely shocked. However, in the midst of grappling with our varying emotions, we’re completely certain that God knows best for our family.
After talking with my OB on Wednesday morning (12/27), he encouraged us to get further testing (amniocentesis) to confirm the findings of the radiologist. We have an appointment with him on Tuesday morning (1/2) to determine when we can do that as well as hopefully get more answers. For now, it’s a waiting game with a healthy dose of uncertainty. We value your prayers as we walk through this season in our family. Please feel free to share this with others as you see fit in order to shield us from the emotions of telling the story again and again. It’s our desire to honor God with our decisions, emotions, and authenticity in the coming months.
As much as I want to always enjoy "my cup of tea" (check the line at the top of the page), this past week is one that I don't want to. My mind can hardly handle the struggle between the anticipation of the worst, its grief/pain vs. the hope for the gift of a miracle. I find myself wanting to sleep just to rest my mind.
This morning, our pastor shared the first paragraph (above) with those in the service today. Afterwards, I was approached by many kind words and hearty hugs that I feel truly blessed by the love and support of SO many incredible people around us. One lady in particular shared words of wisdom and experience that felt like water to my thirsting soul so that I could indeed prepare for the future's unknown and rest in God's sovereignty at the same time.
I know this is heavy news...we certainly appreciate your prayers in the coming days, especially for Sam who is trying to process what we're telling him in the midst of our own uncertainty.
please know we are thinking of you and praying for you and the boys.
ReplyDeletePraying hard for you and Dough at this time. God is good and I know that He is able - even in situations when all looks hopeless. Praying that you'll receive the peace you need for the situation you're finding yourselves in!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the mistype on DOUG's name - my kids sometimes pick the worst times to distract me!
ReplyDeleteKaren shared your news with us, and we've been praying ever since, for God's peace to permeate your lives right now. We pray that whatever the outcome is of this trial, that it will give Him great glory, and that your faith will be strengthened. We know the waiting is so difficult. We love you so much!
ReplyDelete-c i'm so sorry to hear this. you guys will definatelly be in our prayers.
ReplyDelete