Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Zach is 18 months

The "little brother" in our house is a year and a half today! Amazing how time flies. He's becoming too cute for words so I figured a couple recent pics would help you get to see some of his personality and skills. This is pretty much a normal happy Zach look! :) He doesn't build much with these blocks but he loves to dump them out of the container and put them back in or just carry them around -- one in each hand.
He's still a great sleeper and adores his bed. In fact, sometimes he's as quiet as a mouse when he wakes up so he just gets to "lounge" some more or look at books until I finally realize that he's probably awake. This afternoon -- I found him asleep sitting up! I think that's a first -- I guess our trip to Walmart pooped him out or maybe he's just living up to his namesake. He's down to one LONG nap (like 3-4 hours). :)Puzzles have become fun for him, although he needs help with this one since they're pretty hard to get out and put back. I think he likes the see-through holes when he gets one out or maybe it's just chewing on the soft numbers. ;) He's got all eight top and bottom front teeth now ... and several in the back have been poking through. Mean diaper rash is always the way I can tell more teeth are working their way to sunlight.He loves to eat, of course, which hasn't changed much since he's been sitting at the table. :) However, his skills with a spoon are getting better and better. Here, yogurt is a bit more messy than, for instance, apple crisp (last night's dessert). He'll offer me the spoon to scrape the bowl when he wants the rest and has given up on his abilities. His favorite thing is to use a toothpick (works much better than thos silly safety forks). Like a true Daspit, he loves sauces so whenever there's an opportunity to dip his food in something (ketchup, bbq sauce, Ranch), he'll take it.

3 comments:

  1. oh my word...your boys are getting so big! thank you for sharing pictures with us all...i love looking/getting pictures of family! our familiy says hi to your family! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. i love seeing the pics you post of your sons. in case you don't post tomorrow. happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! It is hard to believe how fast it all goes. I can't believe my "baby" is about to turn 3!

    ReplyDelete