Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I should be ....

sleeping since it's 1:30am, but I think the frozen cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde is keeping me awake! Another youth is moving away ... a jr. high girl from our small group and her family are relocating to TX due to the diminishing family business (Katrina) ... she babysat the boys ... is a true gem and encouragement to be around ... and now our paths in life are taking different directions. I know she'll do great at her new school and in her new surroundings, but I'm going to miss her. Anyway, that was the reason for the trip to Cafe du Monde -- 6 of us girls enjoyed beignets together before she leaves the home of them.

Tomorrow we head to the coast for a couple days. I'm praying that we'll all get some necessary down time as well as a change of pace for the weekend.

My latest learning -- I find myself most frustrated by others' wrong actions when actually they are just mirroring mine. Recently, I’ve found myself frustrated with others’ disregard and lack of appreciation for those in authority, only to have God convict me of the same in my life. Ouch!—ya know, that whole speck/plank in the eye thing. Just when I thought I had a holy calling to be honest about another's actions and call them on it, God magnifies my own guilt about the very same action. Humble pie is what I'm eating right now, and it's bittersweet. Bitter in that it causes me to have to make things right and sweet in that I know God's working on me and (thankfully this time) I possess the courage to swallow my pride and allow His discipline. I'm praying for a restored relationship. Honesty and authenticity are becoming some of my core values.

Surely now that I've gotten that off my heart, I will be able to rest. Good night and morning to all.

P.S. Random note: we just got new Yellow Pages last week ... we used to get 2 big ol' books, and now ... just one that's at least a 1/2 inch less thick than one of the old ones. Yep, our city is definitely smaller.
P.P.S. Hooray ... new camera arrived in the mail today, just in time for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment