
I love these windows! During breakfast and lunch, the boys and I are seated so that nature outside the windows is our entertainment. I recently found the bird feeder hanging from the fence and filled it with a block of something that birds are supposed to like. It took a couple weeks but we've had some takers lately and I captured pics of a couple today. We're still waiting for "Chirp the bird" (our frequent visiting cardinal) to find it as well as a our resident blue jay.
All of this bird-watching reminds me of the bird feeder that my dad built for the Buch backyard. I specifically remember the "squirrel shield" at the bottom so they wouldn't take all the goodies from the birds. It was set up so it could be seen when Ruthie was at the sink. Plus, while growing up, I often remember my mom's references to the changing of the seasons (a alot easier in Pennsylvania), seeing the first bird or bloom of spring, the moon's changes, or just generally noticing what was alive outdoors. I love that I can pass this along to my children. One day, when I can stop jumping when I see them, I'll post some pictures of the multitudes of lizards, geckos, frogs, and other small amphibious creatures that live around our house (and yes, twice too often have been encountered indoors!).


No comments:
Post a Comment