I have never walked out of the house with two mismatched shoes, until today! Since I think life is too short to worry about shoes (don't get me started on women with tons of shoes -- don't get it!), I have chosen the ease of the standard Old Navy flipflops for my days (and maybe I have too many different colors!). At least they are close ... we enjoyed read and sing at the library and a quick shopping stop at a linens store this morning. I still didn't realize it until later when I saw these two together by the front door (where I took them off)! Eeek.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
First time for everything
I have never walked out of the house with two mismatched shoes, until today! Since I think life is too short to worry about shoes (don't get me started on women with tons of shoes -- don't get it!), I have chosen the ease of the standard Old Navy flipflops for my days (and maybe I have too many different colors!). At least they are close ... we enjoyed read and sing at the library and a quick shopping stop at a linens store this morning. I still didn't realize it until later when I saw these two together by the front door (where I took them off)! Eeek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hilarious! i just love it. hey at least your toe nails are pretty. our pastor always says "we don't take ourselves to seriously here." we meaning the church body and here obviousally the church. i've been trying to live by that but it looks like you have it down pretty good. thanks for posting that and making me smile. thanks for not taking yourself to seriously. smiles.
ReplyDeletewhat's even more hilarious is that somehow i managed to post this comment three times. oops. ha ha! love ya. :)
ReplyDeletei went ahead and removed the other duplicated posts. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to know I'm in good company! Yes, I've done that a few times. The latest happened on a Sunday morning earlier this year...one black-heeled and one navy-heeled.
ReplyDeleteMelody
Crystal,
ReplyDeleteGlad you shared your experience with mismatched shoes.(and your alot younger than me :) ) I did it twice last winter (the winter before Katrina) The first time I caught it before I got to church and Doug noticed. That same week I did it again and didn't notice until I got to Wal Mart-you know how bright those lights are. I'm glad I'm in good company :) P.S. Don't look in my closet when you get to Ruston (I love shoes!!)
See you soon, Julie T.
Wow ... I'm amazed at how willing so many of you are to admit that you've made the same mistake ... I'm happy to know I'm among friends! Thanks for reading AND commenting!
ReplyDelete