Friday, March 17, 2006

Foreign license plates

As a kid whenever we went on long trips, we'd always look for license plates from other states. They still catch my eye when I'm on the road. Since Katrina, there have been many "foreign" license plates in our area. While waiting to cross the bridge today, I saw Nebraska (that's for Rob!), Minnesota, Kentucky, Texas, Mississippi, and California just to name a few. It's truly amazing that our city's circumstances have affected our entire country.

But, my most surprising find was yesterday on General Meyer ... an SUV with an Alaska plate!! WOW! Who in their right mind would drive from Alaska all the way down here? I'd like to meet that person and hear their story.

Thanks to all those who have come to make our city better. You're awesome.

3.18.06 Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Ohio, Utah
4.5.06 New Mexico, Wyoming
I'm not the only one amazed by the magnitude of non-Louisianians in our midst ... check this out. This guy went to the effort of taking pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment