Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Seriously about tea

I've been drinking more tea lately. Hot tea, that is. Iced tea has never thrilled me. (except for the standard bottle of Turkey Hill iced tea when I am visiting PA) So, I have to admit, for awhile there, I was probably drinking more coffee than tea mostly because Doug makes coffee. Sadly, I have this terrible habit of starting to make a cup of tea and forgetting about it. Now don't get me wrong, Doug drinks more tea since he's married me. Smile. He usually is the maker of tea as we both have a cup after the boys are in bed. Sadly, I have this terrible habit of letting my perfectly-made, custom-ordered cup of tea sit near me while it gets cold. Yes, cold. Ugh. I'm trying to work on both of those sad situations and have had some success recently.

So back to why I'm drinking more tea. Yes, I will bore you with the details.
1. It's cold in Little Rock. Honestly, I have felt internally cold for at least the last 3 months.
2. I'm trying hard to drink less calories. I would rather eat calories.
3. Doug makes really strong coffee (to me) and I have to add lots of empty calories to really enjoy it. I choose not to do it and just enjoy its aroma.
4. Caffeine seems necessary on most days but especially when 1 or 2 or 3 boys wake up before 6am.
5. The coffee at work is the syrup kind. As soon as I found out, it was easy to pass it up. Disgusting. I knew there was something strange about it.
6. Finally, I have a new fav ... Lipton Orange, Passionfruit & Jasmine Green Tea. Free samples have me hooked. Green tea is what we should be drinking, right? Oh, I drink a cup of herbal (decaf) tea at night, but this stuff ... is my new choice for daytime. Looking forward to trying the Green Tea collection so I can partake of all the new flavors.

Btw, a shout-out to my friend Carmen for a plethora of beautiful tea photos. Don't they make you want to drink tea? Go ahead, put your feet up and have a cup.

4 comments:

  1. Love your shamrock background. Was it from cutest blog on the block? I don't remember this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I prefer to eat my calories too! All the sugar and cream in my coffee wasn't worth it. I'm back to tea as well... but I enjoy iced tea too. I've been drinking chamomile mint... but am drooling over your new fav Lipton... gonna have to look for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, before 6am? I'm impressed. I don't know if I'd survive! :-) I'd definitely need tea too!

    ReplyDelete