Sunday, February 07, 2010

GAME DAY!

The anticipation has been built. I think the pre-pre-game show has begun. The boys are all snuggled in separate bedrooms for a rest. This is the norm for Eli, but Sam and Zach will stay up with us to watch the game so hopefully they'll get a little nap (ugh - I hear a door opening right now).

I do find it ironic that since I really care about the game (not so much the outcome just how it's played) ... the food hasn't been so important. I've made football cupcakes and all kinds of special "game-time" food in the past for youth Super Bowl parties. But, this year, I could care less what we eat. I don't want to be bothered by thinking about it. So silly. Don't worry. We will have food (taco soup w/ground deer) and random snacks. The most intentional buy for the game was a pack of IBC root beer.

Join us as we root for our beloved Saints, but most importantly PRAY for real excitement and victory as we proclaim and demonstrate the love of Jesus to the neighborhood of Gentilly when we return in June. Join the facebook group for info throughout the game about specific things to pray for. Check out nolachurchplant.com for more details about what is happening now and what is planned. You can be a part of changing this amazingly unique, loved-by-God city!

No comments:

Post a Comment