Thursday, November 19, 2009

A funny one

Generally, Zach has shown some disdain and irritation about trying so many new things. Being in pre-k all day has stretched him and I understand that sometimes he's plain tired of being so capable. One afternoon, the hall bath (which he normally uses) was occupied and so I told him he could use the master bathroom. He started "grouncing" about it and I quickly replied, "Zach, it's a potty. You can use it. It's no big deal. It's a piece of cake." I flipped on the light for him as he tugged on his pants and said, "Where's the piece of cake?"

I left him looking for the cake while I chuckled down the hall.

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Smart kid. He was paying attention to the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love my little zacho! when are we going to see you guys next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is so funny because yesterday we were reading a library book for the first time and one of the characters said, "it's a piece of cake" and Micaiah said, "what's a piece of cake, where is it?" It was fun to explain to him what that meant, but I don't think he quite got it.

    ReplyDelete