Saturday, June 06, 2009

The rest ... DE and PA

So much for keeping up with blogging the trip. The last two days of our week in Delaware were fabulous. My night to cook for everyone was on Thursday, so it was chicken/sausage jambalaya ... yippee!! The Moyers soo don't do rice. Smile. We made a loose rule that the night you cooked ... you and your spouse got some private time in the hot tub that night. Good stuff.

We spent a lot of time at the beach on Friday even though it was cloudy and foggy. Weird, I know, but I think I got most of my color that day. Sam's fondest memory will be digging the "humongous hole at the beach" with his cousins, while Zach will forever remember "dancing in the water, dancing in the water" (a silly song we made up as the very cold water splashed over our toes one night). Eli loved wandering around in the sand, up and down the hills (the sides of the holes). I don't think there was an inch of him that wasn't sand-covered by the time we came in.

From Delaware, we drove west to my parents' house for two nights in Ephrata, PA. Since we won some free tickets to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm (from a drawing at the Ephrata Fair last fall), we decided to spend Saturday afternoon there as a family. The boys had a fun time, while Doug and I struggled to have the necessary energy to keep up with them. In the evening, we were able to see a friend who is moving from PA to NOLA this summer. So excited for her as God reveals His plan for her. 

On Sunday morning, Doug was able to share about the needs of New Orleans and our plans to plant a church in Gentilly with the congregation where my parents attend (the same church where I grew up). It was nice to reconnect with several in the body that I know. By the way, Doug is blogging these days if you want his perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment