After attending a prayer service at our church last night, we had a final dinner at home and left around 9pm. Using the lots of local roads through New Orleans East (Doug's neighborhood from youth; now less populated due to K), we were able to skirt the traffic on I-10 East from Claiborne to Michoud. Once we hit the Twin Spans in Slidell, we were able to move faster than 20mph. We stopped twice and were among a slew of Louisiana plates the entire trip. The boys were troopers. We all crashed in beds around 5am after hugs and hellos with our hosts.
Dejavue is all that I'm feeling. Zach was about Eli's age in 05, so that intensifies that feeling. I packed more clothes this time, keeping in mind that Hanna is close to our target area as well. It was a bit surreal as I took pictures of each room in the house for possible insurance purposes.
Happy to be here. Grateful for a fun, safe, and cheap place to go. Curious to see how this plays out. Praying for God to merciful no matter the outcome. Excited to see how God will use this to further His kingdom and plan for our world.
It all feels so surreal as we watch the television news. I have family on the MS coast (gulfport and Pass Christian) - so we're watching with interest. Praying for you and yours as well.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are safe and we'll be praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it safely out.
ReplyDeleteI will be in the area you area of town that you are in on Wednesday and would love to see you and meet your boys.
Leave me a message if you think thats doable. :)
We prayed specifically for those areas presumed to be affected this week by the coming storms. We couldn't help but think of your family specifically and pray that you return home to a much better scenario than 3 years ago for NOLA. Please keep us posted. Love ya'll.
ReplyDeleteWe lived in TX at the time of Katrina but evacuated for Emily in July of that year. Jacob was 8 months old. It was just the 2 of us (Ben had to stay with the boat) in a hotel where we didn't know anyone. Now, we do it with Jacquelyn at 5 1/2 months and again without Ben. He flew up separately and we don't know when we will see him. Glad to at least be with family this time! I hope all is well. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you all. I miss you so much. this is so surreal this time being so far away and yet having so many affected. I am holding Phil 4:6 close to my heart.
ReplyDelete