Here's some silly stuff I've noticed about me now that there's three kiddos to look after ...
- Messy faces remain messy. I've heard myself say, "Lick the corner of your mouth," and demonstrated it instead of running for a washcloth.
- If a random piece of something is on the floor, it might just land in the garbage instead of me keeping track of all random pieces of somethings.
- The need to do laundry does seem to come more often, as many moms warned me. Using cloth dipes makes it even worse.
- I don't know what to do first when all three are down for their naps simultaneously and feel very unproductive.
- Spot cleaning happens more than real cleaning. A wipe is a good cleaning product, right?
- I forget important stuff to take with us when we leave the house ... like the precious pacifier! I wish I'd forget the big boys' stuff since they can deal with it.
- Bubble bath works to clean big boys when a baby is crying and I'm doing bedtimes alone. Who needs to really scrub? And forget the hair ...
- I'm amazed at how far my hand can stretch to find and insert a displaced pacifer while still driving.
- My response to Zach's "I need you" is often, "You can do it. Just try," followed by a healthy dose of reinforcement when he gets his pants pulled up by himself.
- I look forward to going to Walmart alone at 6 AM -- am I crazy? I must be.
- Um, a baby needs a bath just once a week, right? That's the reason they always smell good -- God knew we'd have more than one kid.
This is great! And yes, wipes are a cleaning product. If what was there is not there anymore then it is clean!!
ReplyDeleteSpot cleaning continues forever because when they get older you have them do it!
ReplyDeleteYou definetly handle having 3 little ones like a champ!:)
oh how i love this list! The paci is so true here to. I don't even have the third one yet. Thankfully Alex was a thumb baby from the beginning.
ReplyDeleteI also love the bath list. i had a first time mom friend ask me once how often to give her baby bath.. i laughed and said, "well that's going to be different since you are bathing just one. the second baby (and subsequent babies) get bathed when they start to smell funny." she chuckled, but I meant it. ;-P
I think I could have written this post -- except for the fact that you are doing this with three and I still only have 2...hmmm...the lost paci, the forgotten change of clothes, multi-tasking taken to a new level. Chocolate-on-the-face is a great accessory to toddler-hood don't you think?
ReplyDeleteI use walmart as my "me" time!
ReplyDeleteIt is great to hear that you are enjoying the joys of motherhood. Priorities are adjusted a bit with each kid.
ReplyDeletekeep having fun!