Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aunt Joy


Our family had a great visit with my sister, Joy. You can see that I put her to "work" ... typically, that's what I look like. :) The big boys loved having an extra reader around and Eli quickly calmed in her care (must be a sister thing). We enjoyed a visit to the library, a picnic at the park, a train ride at the zoo, and even a meal shared with the work team staying at church. It's always a breath of fresh air to hear about her world (so different than mine), and I love having her experience mine for a while.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have had some time with your sister. Some memory making time for all.
    Miss Missa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that's quite the hand-full! I'm so glad Joy got to visit... just a little sad I didn't get to see her! We'll be home soon! Can't wait to meet Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for you and your sister.
    How is her life so different from yours I am wondering???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, she's about 7 years older than me, never been married and a college professor in my home state ... yep, very different than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much exact opposite I would say! But that is the great thing about sisters!
    My parents just left yesterday for PA. I hope they bring me back some lebanon bologna. I seriously love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I am happy for the boys and for you. So, the third hasn't rocked your world? It would probably take ALOT to 'rock your world' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the sweetest post ever. I always wanted a sister.

    She is hanging right in there!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, i just saw this today....yep my life is different, but always appreciate bein in yours....admirable and respected....i was whipped when i got home.....i call it a little different kind of tired ;).....btw, i am still missin those boys, especially eli...i want to hold him ;)...hope to talk with you soon....thanks again for the so fun visit...

    ReplyDelete