The boys seem to be most content when all the pieces of a set are together. If one goes missing, it becomes the one most endearing to them. They simply don't forget what has been lost. I remember my sister lamenting one day long ago that none of her family members were very good "finders". When someone lost something, she was the one expected to know where it was. If I recall her story correctly, usually she found what was missing only because, in her opinion, the others just didn't know how to look.
Sam has been dubbed the "best finder" at our house. We lost the safari elephant that Zach picked out on the day he gave up his paci. Of course, it was THE favorite in the package. Gone. We looked everywhere. Doug even drove back to the hospital parking lot to look for it. For days, he asked on several occasions, "Where's the baby elephant?" Sam found it two weeks later in between their carseats. I know I looked there. He's found numerous lost characters in the last two weeks, mostly in odd places and not in their "home". I think things are becoming "lost" because I've gradually made an effort to not keep up with all of it anymore. I'm happy that they're learning a little responsibility along the way. Adn the joy of accomplishment when the lost is found is simply sweet. Thank you, God, for finding me.
Awesome...my 2 aren't 'finders'.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely the finder in my house. Unfortunately, I'm not that good at it either. Currently the peanut butter has an aluminum foil lid because we lost the real lid... last night.
ReplyDeleteYou could have been talking about me when you mentioned your sister. LOL Even with Jim, I'm the one who easily finds the things no one else can. I tell them over and over that they need to learn how to LOOK. You actualy have to LIFT things up off the floor to see what is under them. ;)
ReplyDelete