Friday, February 16, 2007

Unexpected trip

This morning I heard the news that a high-school friend's mother had died. Her fight with cancer is over. This is not my friend's first experience with loss of major significance. Her sister died almost eight years ago after a similar battle. She's watched a nephew and a niece die within days of life outside the womb. Loss. It's everywhere I look. When you're noticing, you don't miss it. This family has had more than their fair share, whatever fair is. I know they'd appreciate prayer in the coming days and year as they adjust to life on earth without LaVerne. I love them all dearly, and it hurts to watch them walk through this even from a distance.

If you think of us, please pray for Zach and I as we travel to be near my dear friend and her family who live near my childhood home. My prayer is to honor them in their grief and provide whatever physical support I can. Zach will get to have some alone time with Grandpa and Grandma, while Doug and Sam will hold down the fort here.

P.S. Mom, order some extra fausnachts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment