Friday, January 05, 2007

Scrapbooking surge

I'm not sure what it is ... maybe it's taking so many pictures over the holidays, maybe it's a silent New Year's resoluation, I don't know, but January is always when I feel like scrapbooking again if I've taken some time off.

And, it seems appropriate in light of the news about the baby ... to reflect on God's faithfulness and cherish the memories of our two boys. So, I'm tackling Zach's baby book. It's amazing how quickly he's grown from that tiny little one who entered our lives in May '05. I'm so thankful for my posts here specifically about him as they have become my journaling in his book. ;)

6 comments:

  1. I caught up on the boys about a year ago at a scrapping retreat. BUT I just went to our family album the other day and realized that my last pics are when I was pregnant with Silas (3 1/2 years ago!). I have a bit of catching up to do but wonder when I will find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you my sweet friend and I have not scrapbooked in forever!!Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is a great picture of the family. You should get together with the Footes with their new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan, you obviously didn't really read my post. The pic is from almost 2 years ago -- no newborn around here right now. :) It's okay. I forgive you. I don't read all the words of your posts either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i had a friend send me this about seattle because she's been there alot more than me and this is what she wrote.

    i wrote a really long post about our beloved Seattle and I either deleted it, didn't post, or some other stupid thing. I'll try it again, keeping it short this time:

    Great places to visit: Pike Street Market, Pier (any shops are great, you can find real salt water taffy, the aquarium is awesome, and IVARS -- best chowder EVER), and the Underground Tour which can be found at Pioneer Square. Any hotel concierge can tell you about it. I've done the Underground tour twice, it was totally worth it. Even if you're not a history buff it's a lot of fun. Downtown Seattle is full of shopping and of course the University Blocks (UofW)offer lots of great restaurants.
    The Needle and the Music Experience are also close to downtown/pier area, but both are expensive.

    The best place to eat lunch or dinner will be Ivar'on the Pier I HIGHLY recommend ordering at the counter outside. That in itself is an experience that I can never explain. You can eat inside if you want a linen-napkin, sit-down type of dinner.
    If you feel brave there's a great breakfast spot within walking distance of the pier. Just ignore the johns and prostitutes and you have a great greasy-spoon breakfast. It's on the corner across from Pike Street Market down from the pig. It's an irish name...sorry, not coming to me.
    OR, if you're not feeling that brave, but really hungry, check out BETH's. They serve a 12-egg omellette and have a great reputation in Seattle for greasy-spoon food.(just google 12 egg omelette)

    hope it helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You encouraged me to get started...I went to a crop last night. The interesting bit was getting down to what I felt were my essentials and then toting my still huge bag while I walked to the crop (~1/2 mile) -- such is life w/o a car. I had a great time getting back into it and got about 12 pages (bare essentials w/ no journaling or stickers) done. I feel great about it...now I just need to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete