Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A little celebration

Friday is the day we celebrate ME ... every year. Yes, it's my birthday. My mom says that she had to skip church that Sunday morning in 1974 to welcome me into their family. Neat thing -- mine was the only birth that Dad was able to witness. Before then, fathers were not allowed in the delivery room -- which I can't even imagine going through labor w/o your husband at your side. Hats off to Mom for delivering six babies w/o Dad. So, anyway ....

Since I'm going on the lovely women's retreat this weekend from Friday until Sunday -- hip, hip, hooray, and Doug has a guys' night out on Thursday night. I proclaimed last night as my birthday celebration! Yes, I'm the mom and it's my birthday ... and I get to decide when we celebrate it! Actually, Doug and I went to Red Lobster (!!) last Saturday night while Mimie and Uncle Rob and Aunt 'stina were available to entertain the boys.

Doug arrived bearing gifts from the boys and himself...some of my favorite things and a couple of Sam's suggestions (blue flowers and a train) as well as several surprises! I love my husband. After yummy leftovers for dinner (no cooking for me!), we enjoyed a cookie cake and ice cream. The pic is of Sam singing Happy Birthday to me! :) He totally gets it all, loves to celebrate birthdays, and knows that his bday comes after mine. Zach, as you can tell, is still trying to figure it all out. They're way too cute.

5 comments:

  1. love the picture it's great and happy birthday to you. hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! Happy Birthday!! It sounds like it's a really sweet birthday this year. You got special time with Doug, the children and now you get to be alone with God (and hopefully some good girly fellowship)...that's pretty close to perfect. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how we get to orchestrate our own days -- I think that will always be the case in this house full of boys. :)

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! enjoy your weekend retreat. what a great present.

    ReplyDelete