Zach especially loved the sand pool and the corn table but mostly the freedom from the stroller! Sam would tell you that he "had fun with his friends". Of course, the three of us had bits of conversation along the way and cherished the time we could be moms together. My one observation... it seems ironic that I live in a big city and attend a small church, while both of them live in small town America and attend megachurches ... who would have thought?In the afternoon, we remembered Mel, Tim, and Tiffany as Doug and I hit the outlets (Rockvale and Tanger) for good deals. Gotta love tax-free clothing purchases! It was nice to run around while the boys took their naps under Grandma's care.
We returned to 1324 to a full house ... Joy had arrived as well as our special guests, Uncle Dave and Aunt Ruth who had come to visit from SC. It was their first time to meet Sam and Zach. Dinner was delish--hamloaf, of course, along with lovely conversation as we learned more about the Buchs' church, routines in SC. Next year's Styer blowout was discussed with anticipation. Good times tonight and more to look forward to.
P.S. Karen, sorry I didn't mention you previously... yep, I'm writing for you too! :)
Hey Crystal - even more funny than that (I think) -- my church is so small that Berean seems like a mega church to me :).
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christa