If you know me at all, you know how much I love books! I just found PaperBackSwap and I'm already enjoying the benefits. With PBS, you have to list 9 books in good condition that you're willing to give away when you sign up. This earns you 3 credits towards books you want. When someone requests one of your books listed, you earn a credit towards more books that you want. You pay postage (1.59 media mail for each) but the cost of the book is free to all users. I have already found homes for 4 books that I've listed, and requested 2 that I was looking for. Oh, and it's not only paperbacks, the site includes hardcovers, board books, and even audiobooks.Another site like this is bookmooch. I'm going to use that one for books for the church library but I haven't explored it as much as PBS, but I'm guessing it works in a similar way.
Anyway, I'm looking at this as a perfect opportunity to get the books I want for little cost. AND, with no trips to the thrift store or pathetic garage sales they have around here. Oh, and if you sign up, don't forget to show some love and give me a referral! :)
sounds cool. once we've moved into a home i'll have to take inventory on my books and decide which i can live without and those that i can't and sign up and i'll give you a shout out too.
ReplyDelete