Karen Kingsbury is a best-selling author. I just finished #3 in the Firstborn series, entitled Found. It was published in early August, so I was pleasantly surprised when it took less than a week to get it from the public library at my request.The Baxter family has drawn me into their circle of genuine love, acceptance of each other in spite of all past mistakes, and God-honoring lives. Of course, I thought of my single sister as I "watched" Katy throw herself into her work with the children's theater group while longing for someone to love and a family of her own. I'm amazed at how emotional my response becomes as I read Kingsbury's books. At times, I know exactly where the plot is going which leaves little for surprise, but I've grown to enjoy the characters so much that I don't mind. The family dynamics are real, and the individual struggles are real. I like real.
If you want to get started, you've got to read the Redemption series first ... that will help you get to know each member of the Baxter family. The Firstborn series is just that ... about their firstborn. Also, the 911 series is pretty powerful set in the midst of the events of 9/11/01. Her website gives you lots of information about each title.
P.S. Btw, if you didn't know that you could request titles online from your local public library and have them delivered to your favorite branch--you're missing out! Yeah, I love libraries.
P.P.S. Mel, it looks like she'll be in Boston for a booksigning on Sept. 9th --may be a good "girlfriend event". :)
i still haven't read this one but i can't wait. i have been on the baxter journey as well and enjoyed every minute of it. i'm anticipating this book and need to go to the library and check for it. glad that it's just as wonderful.
ReplyDeletei forgot to tell you that i met karen. in fact she lives in wa where we lived and she went to our church and that childrens theater that they talk about in the firstborn series is for real. they have one where we lived and i actually saw some productions of theirs and they are amazing. her kids are involved in cyt. she is really sweet and i was definatelly blessed to get the oppourtunity to meet her, (in her beautiful home.)
ReplyDelete