Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Looking good

Yesterday, Doug and I spent a decent amount of the day working in the yard. We've had tons of rain showers within the last week, so the lawn was extra long and the weeds were high. I reclaimed some of the back patio area from a bush that had overgrown its bounds and some other high weeds that had just gone crazy. We still need to dig the actual bush completly out -- children beckoned and I didn't get to finish. I guess we motivated each other because Doug went to borrow a pressure washer and washed the entire patio area including the red bricks (actually red instead of moss-covered green) and a huge part of the fence. It looks SOOO much better!

My list of things to do for that area:
1. get rid of the old frig sitting on the back patio from Katrina (if we wait much longer, maybe we'll have another back there...)
2. use existing to make a small gate from the driveway to the back patio (then we could use the back door for entrance!)
3. plant some veggies or something in the area not brick-ed
4. uproot that darn bush
5. break up the strangely-sunken concrete slab
6. put sand down and get more bricks?

We'll see ... it's a nice area with shade and sun but a strange triangular shape, so I'm not sure how to make it look nice without spending too much $$, yet keeping it functional for the kids to play. I'd post a picture so you could give ideas, but our camera is messed up (I feel lost!) and a new one is back-ordered--UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment