Once we returned home after our trip to Ruston, we had about 5 hours until my sister Joy and BBC summer intern Emily arrived at our home. We so enjoyed Joy's visit ... my favorite time was Friday night shopping with both of them and then beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde downtown. They were so focused on my needs during our trip to the mall that it felt productive! Plus, there's nothing like a trip to the French Quarter just for fun with girlfriends. Good times.
Doug's brother Damien and his family were also in town for the weekend. We enjoyed some swim time at the Johnson home on Saturday afternoon before a crawfish boil at the Reillys' house that night. It was absolutely yummy (thanks, Jim!). And, I was so proud of Joy -- eating crawfish like a local. More good times. We even had a chance to visit with Aunt Lynne, Georgia and John (along with Buddy & Debbie) who were visiting from NC. Sheesh -- it seemed like everyone was in town for this Mother's Day.
Mother's Day proved to be fun ... I picked up Sam from his class at church and he had a "Happy Mother's Day! I love you, Mama!" waiting for me along with his homemade flower craft. Hooray for Ms. Patty and that special moment. We went home to a big breakfast (pecan waffles, eggs, bacon) with Joy, Emily, Eileen, the Johnsons and our family. It was delicious and I was happy to avoid the lunch time crowds at the local restaurants. We relaxed in the afternoon until it was time to meet Damien, Renee, and Orin for Eileen's Mother's Day dinner. Olive Garden became our choice .... afterwards we hung out at the Johnsons', enjoyed Renee's favorite (TCBY) and found our vacation home! The cousins enjoyed a bath together ... three active boys!!
On Monday, Joy and Emily made homemade chicken salad ... it's true--it's the best w/Mom's zucchini relish. (Hopefully she'll bring some down this weekend--hint, hint, Mom!). Damien, Renee, and Orin stopped by for a visit in the afternoon before we said our goodbyes to them and Joy before they all left for the airport.
Family is such a joy! I can't imagine how FULL life would be if all of our family members lived nearby ... I think I would burst with love, joy and fun! Maybe it's the distance between us that makes it more sweet when we can be together. Nonetheless, we love them all and were thrilled to have a busy, crazy weekend with so many special people in town.
Now, of course, the boys are adjusting to just the four of us again. I took them to the dr. on Friday morning to find out that they both had double ear infections. We're catching up on sleep, so I'm sure that they'll be feeling better soon!! My ear issues have returned in full blast, so I'll be visiting the dr. on Thursday morning, too.
(Hats off to Aunt Joy ... she was able to put both of our boys back to sleep in the middle of the night when they woke crying -- since my ears were stuffed up and didn't hear them. That turned out to be a special Mother's day gift to me! You're awesome, Joy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment