I have come to realize that "the day after" an out-of-towner's visit or a big event is a favorite moment. It's the day when life returns to normal again. Sheets and towels are washed. Floors are cleaned. Toys are picked up. The boys play without encouragement. As I'm put our home back in order, I replay the events of the visit in my mind and cherish the memories again. It's a day of reflection and anticipation. I begin to look forward to the next big event or wonder when we will see our relatives again.
Today has been such a day. My parents were here from Friday night until this morning, and I loved it! Their presence is something I cherish ... since I don't have opportunity to enjoy it so much since the miles separate us. How precious it is to see them interact with their two "cajun" grandsons way down here -- now, the farthest away of their 17 grandchildren. And, what a delight it was to have them here to help celebrate Zach's 1st birthday. We relaxed a lot, took walks, ate beignets, toured the city, and laughed. It just doesn't get much better than that. Thx, Mom and Dad for coming ... your presence made the weekend more special! I love you.
In the same way I prepare our home for someone's visit or a party with lots of guests, today I prepared our home for my everyday guests that I'm reminded to serve with love ... my husband and my sons!
No comments:
Post a Comment