While Zach napped this morning, Sam played outside on the back patio for a couple hours. He loves being outside ... lots to do .... sandbox, water table, litte chairs, bikes, balls, etc. Of course, he spends lots of time with sticks and rocks and whatever other strange thing he finds.
I rearranged the patio so that I can see the sandbox and the water table from inside the back door, which allowed me to fold laundry and watch him at the same time. He needs independent play, especially after the weekend. Sundays are long mornings in the nursery area and usually family at our house for the rest of the day. He did great to stay on the patio (and not wander into the sideyard) when I wasn't out there with him. I would love to have a screendoor on the back so that I could hear him, too.
Doug has moved youth group from Wednesday 7:30-9pm to Sunday 6-7:30pm. Usually when it was on Wed., he would just stay at church all day and come home afterwards, which meant little time with the boys if any. It will be an adjustment to have our long day on Sunday and added feelings of being a "single mom for the day", but I think it will be great in the long run. We had 20 youth come last night to our luau and it was SOOO good to see so many of them together again. Hopefully last night's numbers are an indication of what future youth group will be -- 20 is better than 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment