
My friend Sarah has moved to Fort Worth, TX, since Katrina. She came to NOLA this past weekend and actually brought me a half gallon of my all-time favorite Dallas ice cream ... Braum's peanut butter cup. It's amazing. What an incredible gift -- thanks, girl! I haven't had it since we were in Dallas for Doug's DTS commencement almost three years ago. It's as wonderful as I remember, but I'm feeling a little sad after my first bowl .... recalling the sweetness of being newlyweds and my life as a teacher while Doug was in seminary. But, most of all, I'm reminded of the many couple-friends that we had during that season of life who are now spread out all over the place (Nelsons and Chenaults in Johnson City, Greenbaums in IN, Blackwells about to be in England!, Bannis' in Frisco, and others). I miss you guys.
We miss all of our DTS folks too and wish our "spread" allowed us for more visits...especially now that most of us have kiddos.
ReplyDelete